Things you Didn’t Know About Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a permanent solution to missing teeth, and whether a single lost tooth or a complete set of upper and lower teeth, dental implant technology has reached new heights. While many people have already taken advantage of this revolutionary treatment, some people are still unsure what dental implants are and how they are fitted, and here are a few things you probably didn’t know about dental implants.
- There Are Two Types of Dental Implants – There is endosteal and subperiosteal implants, with the former being the most popular type. Endosteal implants are fitted into the person’s jawbone by way of screwing in titanium pins, which happen to fuse very well with human bone and tissue, while subperiosteal implants are placed directly above the jaw and held in place by a thin metal framework. In the event a person does not have adequate bone structure in their jaw, the dentist would recommend subperiosteal implants, yet the majority of patients can have endosteal implants.
- Dental Implants Help to Retain your Facial Features – When you lose your teeth, this causes the facial muscles to sag, and dental implants fill in that gap, helping the facial muscles to regain their position. If you are looking for the best dental implants, contact BWC Dental Clinic in Bangkok, who have a well-deserved reputation as a leading implant specialist.
- Dental Implants Are Easy to Maintain – Unlike dentures that must always be removed and cleaned, dental implants are a permanent feature and cannot be removed. The good news is they can be cleaned in exactly the same way that regular teeth are, which means regular brushing and flossing. Dentures have to be removed every night, and you also need special cleaning substances, and, of course, hygiene is always a concern, but with dental implants, you have a permanent solution to missing teeth.
- No Speech Impediment – Wearing dentures can cause a person to lose their self-confidence, due to the slight movement of the dentures when speaking, yet dental implants look and feel like normal teeth, and with zero movement, after a day or two, you will forget you have them.
- There Are No Cavities with Dental Implants – That’s right, when you have dental implants fitted, you can forget about cavities, as the composite material used does not degrade like natural tooth enamel. If you take care of your dental implants, they should last you a lifetime.
- Titanium Pins – Titanium is a wonder metal that is primarily used in the fabrication of spacecraft, and it makes for the perfect material to provide the vital support for the prosthetic teeth. What’s more, titanium fuses very well human bone and tissue, and after a few weeks, the fusion is adequate to fit the prosthetic teeth.
Dental implant technology has now reached the point where the treatment is very affordable, and with the best dental implant clinics in Bangkok, you know where to go for first-class treatment.